We are pleased to offer a variety of CYO sponsored athletics. Our CYO program is open to all Mater Dei students as well as parishioners of Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Immaculate Conception. For certain sports, we have partnership agreements with other surrounding Parishes as well. The sports currently offered include:
- Volleyball (girls grades 3-8)
- Football (boys grades 4-8)
- Cheerleading (girls grades 3-8)
- Cross Country (boys and girls grades 3-8)
- Basketball (boys grades 3-8)
- Basketball (girls grades 3-8)
- Wrestling (boys grades 5-8) NEW – Offered through the Diocese of Cleveland, for details click here
- Track and Field (boys and girls grades 3-8)
- Baseball (boys grades 3-8)
- Volleyball (boys grades 3-8)
- Fast pitch softball (girls grades 3-8)
All schedules and locations for Mater Dei Academy CYO teams are available on the Diocese of Cleveland CYO Schedule web page by selecting here. To find the schedule for your team select the sport and applicable grade level. It will help if you know the applicable division (i.e. Orange, Blue, etc..) and further instructions of finding your team are available on the website.
There is always a need for experienced and knowledgeable coaches for all of our sports programs. Coaches must be Virtus trained, complete a background check and be CYO Certified. Information can be found at the following websites:
If you are interested in coaching, please contact the respective sport Commissioner or Joe McCrone, Athletic Director, at 216-403-0932.